It is mystifying to see more and more off the shelf medications to treat everything from aches and pains to mood and libido, yet a large number of us don’t look to the most simple and natural source of energy, food! Everything we need for a well balanced and healthy diet to get us through life can be found directly from Mother Nature.
There are some foods that provide greater benefits than others, however we have chosen five great ones worth mentioning:
- Greens! Salads and Broccoli – in particular salads containing spinach offer many potential benefits. Broccoli is a rich source of vitamins A, C, and E which go a long way to reducing the effects of some annoying ailments like the common cold by boosting the immune system. Spinach is rich in folate, which research suggests can help in the production of healthier cells in the body.
- Chicken – packed full of vitamins B12, B6, and B3, the white meat in chicken can potentially boost your state of mind and reduce the risk of stroke. Chicken is a nutritional and versatile ingredient that is low in fat (even more so with the skin off). Vitamin B has been known to off the body many benefits such as:
- Combating the effects of anemia
- Lowering the risk of heart disease
- Maintaining healthy blood cells
- Boosting energy levels
- Increasing the immune system
- Burning fat
- Dark chocolate – Cocoa has been known to reduce cholesterol and lower the change of heart disease. Dark chocolate contains tryptophan and magnesium which can drastically invigorate your mood. Having a good quality dark chocolate treat indeed is great for your heart body and mind.
- Whole grains – have been known to provide a significant reduction in the levels of depression thanks to the selenium found in whole grains. You can get your whole grain fix from many different types of breads, and mixed with some healthy spreads such as peanut butter you can get a boost of fiber and protein at the same time which is sure to get your Mojo back!
- Bananas – A tasty treat for any time of the day, you can reap the rewards of an energy boost. Mix it with other great foods such as yogurt and multigrain cereal, and you have a healthy and nutritious snack packed with vitamin B6 which is great for your body and mind.